As we move toward businesses slowly opening up again, I thought this would be a good time to reflect on what it takes to be an authentic leader in troubled times. The past few months have been unprecedented in terms of a global shutdown. We have never seen a time when the world essentially stopped and most of us were forced to work from home. On this episode of Authentic Living with Roxanne, we are happy to welcome back HR Expert, Neil Cosby.
Neil Cosby is a seasoned Senior Human Resources professional with HR generalist experience spanning over 20 years. Neil is a true believer in the necessity for solid HR infrastructure in any organization that must be aligned with the overall business goals and objectives.
Listen to the podcast here:
Authentic Touch Points:
- What it takes to be an authentic leader. 2:00
- Leading in the private vs. public sector. 6:45
- Planning is key to leading in uncertain times. 12:00
- Relational transparency is necessary in a great leader. 15:45
- Good leaders are strong enough to make unpopular decisions. 18:45
- How leaders have risen up during COVID. 25:00
- The best leaders are constantly learning. 28:30
- Accepting feedback, the good and the bad from your employees. 32:55
Neil is an Adjunct Professor at Niagara College and Humber College where he teaches HR in respective institutions’ School of Business. The passion Neil has for HR has been instrumental in educating those not familiar with HR fundamentals and securing their “buy-in” so HR is represented in their organizations. Neil is the ideal business development executive for HRprimed Inc.
With many of us working from home and spending most of our time with family, I encourage you to reach out with thoughts or questions. Click here to contact me at your convenience or click the link below to book a call with me. You will also find more information about me and how I can help you at RoxanneDerhodge.com.
Neil’s website: https://www.hrprimed.ca/
Neil’s webinars: https://www.hrprimed.ca/pages/webinars
Neil’s email: email@example.com
Neil’s phone#: (905) 929-5075
Roxanne’s previous podcasts: https://roxannederhodge.com/blog/
Book a call with Roxanne: https://calendly.com/roxanne-8